Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

COINCIDENCE OR PLAN?


Reflections on life show up in unexpected places.The following dialogue was from a movie I watched yesterday.

"A lot of people see life as pure luck, just a happy turn of chance. For them, every situation is fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear.
Others? They have come to see life as more than luck, more than coincidence. They have become sensitive to evidence all around them, including miracles. Down deep, they feel that whatever happens in life is part of a plan, and at the end of life someone will be there to help them. And that fills them with hope."

Before retiring I didn't take time to watch movies. Guess I felt they were pretty much a waste of time. Since retiring, it is surprising how much rich content I've discovered. Here are a couple of posts that mention my recent movie watching.

FORGET ABOUT THE PAIN - Click HERE. 
THE ARTIST AT WORK - Click HERE
MORE LIFE LESSONS - Click HERE
A SHORT RACE TO RUN TODAY - Click HERE
BUCKET LIST - Click HERE
LEGACY - Click HERE
SAVING MR. BANKS - Click HERE 

 UPDATE  

During our weekly Panera meetings, my friend and I have often questioned whether things that happen in our lives are coincidental, or part of a plan. During our discussion this morning, I thought about this gross (but funny) dialogue - in the movie I watched yesterday.

"One time, I was at this party... and I was sitting on the couch with Amanda McKinney. She was just sitting there, looking beautiful. So, I lean in to kiss her, and I realize I have gum in my mouth. So, I turn to spit it out and put it in a paper cup. I turn back, and Amanda McKinney throws up all over herself. I knew the moment it happened, it was a miracle. 

I could have been kissing her when she threw up. It would have scarred me for life. I may never have recovered." 

No comments:

Post a Comment