Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

LEGACY

"Just cause you're dead doesn't mean you can't be useful"



I heard Robert Redford make this comment in a movie today and thought about it for awhile. Guess we can be useful after we die, assuming we've invested in the lives of others while we are still living. 

Recently I heard our pastor say the same thing in a different way.  He said, "you are not really dead unless you are forgotten".  


Other comments from this movie that made think about where we are all headed someday:

"Do you think the dead really care about our lives?"
"Yes, I think they do"
"And if they had the ability to forgive our sins, they would find it easy to do so"

"Sometimes I dream that I've died, and that I'm flying high in the sky.  High blue turns to black and up there I can see all there is, and the reason for it all becomes clear."  







(to view previous posts on this blog please click HOME above)

No comments:

Post a Comment