Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

MY SONG

“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation....


Took this picture on 10-11-2014 at Mystic Seaport

.... and go to the grave with the song still in them.”
                                                        Henry David Thoreau


A special friend got me a book this Christmas that outlines a spiritual path to recapturing our song. The book contains twelve chapters, one for each of the next twelve weeks. I plan to begin on January 1st and stay with it until the middle of March 2015. 

The book is based on the premise that "there is no such thing as a non-creative person. In fact, creativity is a gift God put in each one of us, and using our creativity is our gift back to God."

Even after all of these years, I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life. I'm sure all will agree that there have often been things that have crowded out some of our dreams....and

I really don't want to go to the grave with my song still in me. 

(Thank you, Bud)

1 comment: