Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

EASY STREET

Interesting comments in my wife's devo this morning by Debbie Macomber.....

"I have a keen interest in unusual street names. In fact, I'm on the lookout for street signs whenever my husband Wayne and I get in the car. Just recently in our home town of Port Orchard, Washington, Wayne and I drove past a street sign that I never noticed before. It was on a road I normally travel two or three times a week, yet not once has the sign caught my attention: "Easy Street".


"Quick", I told Wayne, pointing to the sign. "Take a right turn." He cast me a befuddled look, "Whatever for?"

"I want to see the houses of the people who live on Easy Street. I wasn't sure what to expect but it wouldn't hurt to take a look. I wasn't really surprised to find that the homes looked very much like other neighborhoods close by. But as we wound our way down Easy Street, Wayne and I made a startling discovery. It was a dead-end".

Debbie concludes: "Lord, sometimes I'm guilty of wanting to live on Easy Street. Thank you for leading me down the path that leads to you."


No comments:

Post a Comment