Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

PORTRAITS OF TIME



I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Last time I visited with our mom she was reciting this poem by Joyce Kilmer. It reminded me of the olive trees my wife and I saw while walking in the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem Israel. Some olive trees in this area can live to more than 900 years.


Beth Moon, a photographer based in San Francisco has been searching for the world’s oldest trees for the past 14 years. She has traveled all around the globe to capture the most magnificent trees that grow in remote locations and look as old as the world itself. 

To check out some of these trees click HERE. (It will be worth the click) 



No comments:

Post a Comment