Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

TWO STOP SIGNS

Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area 

Got off the treadmill yesterday, just after a guy finished the stationary bike.


He walked over and asked me if I had ever been to Middle Creek. I said, "What's Middle Creek?" "It's a wildlife management spot not far from here." 


He went on to explain that in early March thousands of migratory birds follow the ocean to the Chesapeake Bay and up the Susquehanna River to this location. 


"The place even has a self guided tour complete with a "Wildlife Viewing Drive" for people to take pictures!" 


I don't know how I miss places like this, especially when they are in our backyard". So earlier today, I planned to drive to Middle Creek Wildlife Area but I encountered these two stop signs.


TODAY'S FORECAST
DOVER, PA - Winter Storm Warning from 7 pm this evening to 7 pm Thursday. More snow again, this time with accumulation of up to 8 inches, topped off with sleet and to rub it in, some cold, freezing rain. 

WATERFOWL MIGRATION UPDATE
ALERT from the migratory wildlife website: No change for today. We're supposed to get a bit of a thaw later this week, but it won't be enough to melt the twelve inches of ice on the lake. The Wildlife Viewing Drive is closed due to ice and snow. Oh well, maybe soon." 

For what it's worth, I offer this to my global warming friends....

Good Riddance Winter. Welcome Warmer Temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment