Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

TAKEN: A MEDITATION ON DEATH, ALONE

TAKEN: A MEDITATION ON DEATH - My daughter describes one of her senior projects at Messiah College this way:

"Ever since my first close encounter with death and several subsequent encounters that same year, I have struggled to accept the fact that it’s real and even worse…inevitable.  

My mind wanders over this grave topic probably more than it should.  ”Taken” is a psychological journey that chronicles my thoughts, tying them all together by applying both the definition of the word “taken” and its antonym, “given.”  

Interwoven amidst my personal meditations is an interview with Mr. Ernie Heffner, President of Heffner Funeral Chapel and Crematory and the perfect candidate for the documentary since he, too, dances with death every day.  The film ends on a positive note – as optimistic as possible, considering the subject matter – stressing the importance of being remembered."  Click HERE

ALONE - “There are two things we cannot do alone,” said Paul Tournier: “one is to be married and the other is to be a Christian.” In my pilgrimage with the church, I have learned that the church plays a vital, even necessary role. We are God’s “new community” on earth. (from Philip Yancey's "Church: Why Bother?")

No comments:

Post a Comment