Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

HUNGER, SHAME, GUILT, FROZEN

HUNGER GAMES - May the odds be ever in your favor!  My wife and I saw this movie last night. Click HERE if you want to view the trailer.  

As of Christmas Day 2013, this movie has grossed $771,484,011 worldwide. Not to burst this obvious success....it does make you wonder if we are good managers of our God given resources.  I tried to absorb this number.  Over $700 million dollars?  Since it cost $200 million to make this film, the profit lands somewhere near $500 million.  Did I mention something about hunger? 
 
SHAME drives two big tapes.  "You will never be good enough" or "who do you think you are?"  GUILT says, "I'm sorry I made a mistake." SHAME says, "I'm sorry I am a mistake".

These quotes were from a really good TedTalk today that went viral by Brene' Brown.  The talk is 20 minutes, but if you want to skip to where Brene' talks specifically about SHAME vs. GUILT, go to 13:30 after clicking HERE.


FROZEN - Seven of our grandkids saw this movie last night.  (A live reindeer was brought into the animating studio for animators to study its movements and mannerisms for the reindeer character, Sven.)  Click HERE for movie trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment