Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

THE INVISIBLE GOD I, OHIO, LUNGS & SHOES, DRAWING OR PHOTO?, BOAT HIBERNATION

"How do I relate to a God who is invisible when I'm never quite sure he is there?"  This is just one of the questions Philip Yancey tackles in his book "REACHING FOR THE INVISIBLE GOD." For the next couple of days I will share a personal note from this book.  Here is my Thursday note:

"I seldom run into visual clues that remind me of God unless I am looking.  The act of looking, the pursuit itself, makes possible the encounter.  For this reason Christianity has always insisted that trust and obedience come first, and knowledge follows."

Today we traveled with my 91 year old momma, brother and sister in law to Ohio to meet my sister and brother in law.  After conversation over gyros, mom continued on to Grand Rapids, MI and we returned to Central PA.

Today my truck will get inspected, which will require a new catalytic converter (LUNGS) and brakes (SHOES).  Wonder if I can get OBAMACARE to pay for my truck's medical procedures?

Check out an incredibly realistic drawing HERE.

Took my boat to storage today. Can't believe winter is just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. I like the quote. I'm jealous you got gyros. Even more jealous of that artist's chip bag.

    ReplyDelete