Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

REACHING FOR THE INVISIBLE GOD III, MORE SOCCER, PHOTO OF THE DAY

Another note from Philip Yancey's book from P. 194

"In my childhood I would have pointed to traveling evangelists, conference speakers, and devotional authors as those closest to God. Alas, I have gotten to know some of these "professionals," including myself.  Now I would point to some of my friends who struggle sexually or battle alcoholism.  This year, in fact, the person who has helped lead me to new levels in a relationship with God is a defrocked priest who battles an addiction both to alcohol and cigarettes.  The terrifying struggle drives him to God daily, for he does not have the luxury of waking up and thinking himself righteous.  "I'm just one sinner talking to another," he says when he meets with me.  He has long since abandoned any false perfectionism that might lure him from grace."

Soccer Games yesterday with our grandkids.  Click HERE and HERE for pics.

My photo of the day can be seen HERE          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment