Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

YANCEY ON HARDSHIP, MORE SOCCER PICS, UNDERCOVER PASTOR, MY PHOTO OF THE DAY

More notes from Philip Yancey's REACHING FOR THE INVISIBLE GOD

P. 253"In reality, our lack of fulfillment is the most precious gift we have.  It is the source of our passion, our creativity, our search for God.  All the best of life comes out of our human yearning - not our being satisfied." 

And later in the book Yancey says "A relationship with God does not promise supernatural deliverance from hardship, but rather a supernatural use of it."

P. 281 - As a journalist I too have seen up close the redemptive potential of hardship.  I remember meeting Joni Eareckson as a teenager, a few months after her accident, when she was still contemplating her future through a fog of despair and confusion.  How could she serve God from a wheelchair, unable to feed herself, get dressed, or make it through a day without intimate personal assistance?  "You can't imagine the pain and humiliation," she told me.  "What possible good could come from such a tragedy?"  Now, thirty years later, Joni looks back on the day she broke her neck diving into the Chesapeake Bay and calls it the best day of her life.  She allowed God to work with her to redeem a tragedy, to produce something good out of bad. 

We watched our granddaughter Avery Lady play great soccer.  To see Avery Lady click HERE .  To see some of Avery Lady's fans click HERE  Once you click the link be sure to click on each picture to read my silly comments.

My wife and I watched Undercover BOSS last night.  Just received an email from my friend Bob about an undercover PASTOR.  This is not a real story but well worth the read.  Click HERE.

Check out my photo for today.  Click HERE.  After posting this about my father in law, memories of my own father came to my mind.  I mentioned my father toward the end of the "STRUGGLIN" tab on this blog.  My father will not be forgotten.  Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment