Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

TEACHING A STONE TO TALK

GIFFORD PINCHOT LAKE

I was intrigued by the title of a book given to me this morning by my good friend, Bud. When I saw the title I immediately thought about pictures that I took a few months ago at Pinchot Lake.

Anyway, in the book Annie Dillard argues that "what people do on earth does not change God, but it changes the people themselves." I was surprised to see that the name of the main character in the book is "Larry", so I am anxious to spend some time learning more about myself. Looks like an interesting read.   





Excerpt from Chapter 5 - "The silence is all there is. It is the alpha and the omega. It is God's brooding over the face of the waters. You take a step in the right direction to pray to this silence. You pray without ceasing."

No comments:

Post a Comment