Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

ITCHING AND BUMPS

Picture taken at Gifford Pinchot State Park

Haven't seen many dragon flies this year at the lake.

I say we import a few hundred, since they are great fighters in the war against the pesky mosquito. A couple of days ago, a bunch of biting mosquitoes filled themselves with my blood, injected saliva into my skin and the proteins in the saliva triggered lots of itching and bumps all over my legs and feet. 



Guess with the rain we've been having I would be wise to steer clear of Beaver Creek Trail, since it goes through some serious wetlands. Two days ago when I was on this trail I noticed lots of bugs around my face, but didn't realize the mosquitoes were emptying the blood out of my legs. 



In spite of the bites, my hike was worth it, since I saw Blue again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment