Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

CONVERSATION WITH A FRIENDLY GOOSE

We are encouraging some of our grand kids to participate in our own family "picture story" contest. I'm not sure what they think about this latest project, but I'm having a good time being silly and writing whatever comes to mind, even if it makes no sense. Here is my latest entry into the contest. I call the title of my entry "UNIQUE".

FRIENDLY GOOSE AT COUSLER PARK IN YORK, PA
This morning I had an interesting discussion with this guy.
Just after I snapped pictures of what looked like dozens of geese, this guy turned to me and said, "enough already with the pictures. There must be 30 of my brothers and sisters here at this lake, and we all look the same. What is it with you and that camera? Stop!"

I turned and started to walk away, but he called me back and said, "come closer, put your ear right next to my big black beak." I did, and he quietly whispered, "if you go across the lake, you will find a bird that doesn't look anything like us. In fact, it is the only bird of its' kind in the area." 

I thanked him, took his advice and after a long trek to the other side of the lake, I found this pretty girl bird. 


The goose was right. She was......
unique
[ yo͞oˈnēk ] 
ADJECTIVE-being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else at Cousler Park.

However, it turns she wasn't nearly as friendly as the geese and almost as soon as I arrived, Ms. "UNIQUE" took off.



and disappeared into the fountain mist, in the middle of Cousler lake. 


The end of my story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment