Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES

Day lily at Brookside Park, Dover, PA 
I'm told day lilies are plants which typically last no more than 24 hours. 

They open early morning and wither during the following night. I took this picture this morning and hope to visit Brookside Park tomorrow - to see if the 24 hour thing is really true. This got me to thinking about other things that only last 24 hours.

 HEADLINE TODAY    

"MAYFLIES CLOSE BRIDGE AND CAUSES MOTORCYCLE CRASH"

Columbia Wrightsville Bridge two nights ago
I'm told some mayflies are born in the morning and die the following evening. Looks like they make the most out of the 24 hours they visit with us. 

My wife's flowers in our back yard
According to the Temptations, one day can make a big difference. Twenty-four little hours can bring the sun and the flowers where there used to be rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment