Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

GREAT WAY TO STAY CONNECTED


Technology makes it fun and easy for grandparents to stay plugged in with their grandkids. One program that we use is called "Draw Something".

I just sent a drawing to one of our grandkids but I can't show the picture on this blog, since they have to guess what I drew. The picture that I just drew is suggestive of a horse, but it's body looks like it is covered by bony armor and it has a curled tail.

Anyway, here's how Draw Something works....

One of our 12 grand kids selects a word and attempts to draw a picture representing the word. They then click a button which sends it to Papa. Before they send their drawing, they tag a special message for me like "Hey, what's happening in Dover?"  




Wherever I happen to be (Dover, York, Lancaster) I get a notification that there is a drawing from a grand kid waiting. And when I open the program the software actually shows me a replay of them drawing their picture, stroke by stroke. Then I try to guess the word, read their special message and send them a reply, which includes a message and drawing of a word that I choose - for them to guess.

This program is free and it is estimated that kids and grandparents have created more than 7 billion drawings since "Draw Something" was released. It provides just one great way to stay connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment