Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

MEMORY


An older couple were having problems remembering things, so they decided to the go the doctor for a checkup. The doctor tells them that they are physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember.
Later that night, while watching TV, the older man gets up from his chair. His wife asks, "Where are you going?" "To the kitchen for a drink," he replies. She asks, "Will you get me piece of cake?" The husband says, "Sure." She gently reminds him, "Don't you think you should write it down so you don't forget it?"

He says, "No, I can certainly remember that!" Then the woman says, "Well, I'd like some strawberries on top. You'd better write it down because I know you'll forget it." The man replies, "I can remember that! You want some cake with strawberries." 


She adds, "I'd also like whipped cream on top. Now I'm certain you're gonna forget that, so you'd better write it down. "Irritated, he says, "I don't need to write it down woman! I can remember that! Cake with strawberries! And whipped cream!"

He then grumbles into the kitchen. After about 30 minutes the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment and says, "Where's my toast?"



  GOOD MEMORIES FROM A LONG TIME AGO   



I learned that in 1958 my dad picked up a hitchhiker, which was a common thing to do back then.  However, it turns out this hitchhiker had too much to drink and before they had driven very far. the stranger vomited all over the inside of my Dad's prized 1949 Desoto. 

Dad stopped the car and kicked him out. Right?  No, not this dad. He brought the stranger to our house, cleaned him up, and then drove 12 miles to my grandfather McCoy's empty apartment on Calvary Road in Carlisle.  Dad fed him and allowed the stranger to stay the night. 

Crazy huh?  I suppose it was risky, but this is just a snapshot of how my dad lived his life. He left us way to soon, but we will see him again soon.

TODAY'S POSTS WORTH REMEMBERING


Brandy Walker



  The Strength To Be Where You Are   

"How do you do find the meaning of your life         in the middle of your actually crazy life?" 

Click HERE for the answer. 





Sarah Bessey

  This Is My Metaphor   

"And then, then, we see that the struggle, the  very thing we had been trying to avoid, is the very thing that sets us free, gives us life, helps   us heal, restores our joy."

Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment