Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

SHRINKING WORKFORCE



Was painting some silly cartoons this morning and this one reminded me of an email my friend Bob sent me. It went like this....


"For a couple years I 've been blaming it on lack of sleep and too much pressure from my job, but now I found out the real reason: I'm tired because I'm over worked. 

The population of this country is 237 million. 104 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work. 

There are 85 million in school, which leaves 48 million to do the work. 

Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, leaving 19 million to do the work. 

2.8 million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work. 

Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for State and City Governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work. 

At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, leaving 1,212,000 to do the work. 

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons. 

That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me. And you are spending your time reading blogs!

Funny story.

For some reason this explanation made me wonder what effect abortion is having on our shrinking workforce. I found these stats.

"According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Social Security Administration, Guttmacher Institute, and National Center for Health Statistics, if abortion had never been legalized in 1973, more than 17 million people would be employed, resulting in an additional $400 billion from those workers, with $11 billion contributed to Medicare and $47 million contributed to Social Security. 

Guess there are serious consequences when we don't choose God's best for our lives. Economics aside, the moral disasters left in the wake of the Supreme Court decision are tragic.  

You can click HERE to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment