Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

EVERYDAY MOMENTS, MY LAST SONG, WINTER CONTINUES

An October Moment in Dover, PA

  "LOVE LOOKS LIKE"     

Sarah Bessey shares one of her everyday moments. Click HERE for an interesting read by this great writer.

  "WYCLIFFE BIBLE TRANSLATORS"     



Since December, some of our family has been volunteering at the headquarters of this Bible Translator Organization. Who is Wycliffe? Click HERE to view an interesting description of their work. For a related post click HERE

        WHEN I DIE          

Please play my last song. After sharing yesterday's "Post Secret" project, I thought about those who are lonely. It is a blessing to have friends in our lives, especially those friends with whom we can share secrets. During our weekly "guy" meeting this morning we shared what song would be a "fit" at our own funeral. Sounds weird, but it was interesting.

My choice was "Have I told you lately that I love you" by Rod Stewart.(*see link below for lyrics) Sometimes while riding in my truck our grandkids sing along to this song, but rather than singing to a person, they sing to Jesus. Another guy said his choice would be Frank Sinatra's "The Best Is Yet To Come".** 

How about you? Have you ever thought about a song that you would want played at your funeral? If so, post in the comment box below. (You can click anonymous if you want)

* If you get a minute check out these Rod Stewart lyrics.  Click HERE.

** If you get a minute check out these Frank Sinatra lyrics. Click HERE


   DOVER, PA IN JANUARY      

Winter Continues..... The birds in our back yard are enjoying the weather somewhere in the south, but their condos are waiting for their return. 



3 comments:

  1. I want the song Forever Young by Bob Dylan played at my funeral

    ReplyDelete
  2. My song will be "Going Underground" by the Jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please play "SO HAPPY I CAN DIE" by lady GaGa for me.

    ReplyDelete