Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

DEAD MEN, ONE DAY, SHALL RISE

A 1980 thesaurus equates the word "disabled" with the synonym "useless".  How cruel and inaccurate is that?

Even one reading of my wife's favorite devotional will dispel this definition.  Joni Erickson Tada is in a wheelchair, but the opposite of "useless".   In fact, I would argue that she defines the word useful, more so than most non-disabled people.  If you have a minute, check out Joni's devotional for today by clicking HERE.  Her devotional will also tell you why "DEAD MEN" showed up in the title of this posting. The bio of her extraordinary life can be read HERE.

Many mornings my wife tells me how helpful Joni's devotional was for the day, and yesterday I watched a related TED TALK that everyone should watch.  It offers a whole new definition of disability, and suggests that adversity can bring opportunity.  Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment