Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

PANERAS CAFE

Every week I meet with a friend at Panera Bread cafĂ©.  Although this restaurant offers several varieties of bread, bagels, muffins, sandwiches, salads, soups and teas, our order is always limited to one medium coffee.  The comfortable booth, internet connectivity, pleasant music and interesting conversation are free. 

Life throws you curves if you stick around long enough.  For 25 years I worked with this friend and during that time we rarely agreed on anything.  Most would have described our relationship as strained (at best).  But now, this Panera meeting with him has become one of the highlights of my week.

I suppose the older we get the more we appreciate relationships. So many bridges are burned over things that eventually won't make a bit of difference. Early this morning I read this quote:  "If you were going to die soon and had only one letter you could send, who would the letter go to and what would you say?  .................And why are you waiting?"

My dad learned this lesson and acted on it just before he died.   Click HERE and scroll down to the house covered by weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment