Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

OLD TRUCK, WINTER DINNER, STILL LEARNING, NOAH HOGAN

OLD TRUCK - Back on December 3rd I posted a picture of an old truck on the Preserving York site. Based on a comment Brett made today, I dug deeper to find my old negative strip. I was surprised I found it since I took this picture 45 years ago.  Click HERE for the previous post and click HERE to see the negative strip of the truck.

WINTER DINNER - Philip Yancey posted this video today of a fox finding a meal under the snow.  I had no idea a fox could do this.  Fascinating! Click HERE for a short video. (2 min.)

STILL LEARNING - The older you get the more you learn?  Not sure if that's true, but you may want to check out this list of what older people say they have learned.

"I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up"

"I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice"

"I've learned you can make someone's day by simply sending them a card"

"I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his need to cast blame on others"

"I've learned that yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a gift.  That's why it's called "the present"

"I've learned to be kinder than necessary today because everyone I meet will be fighting some kind of battle"

Want to share something you've learned in life?  Click comments below. 

If quotes interest you - I've listed some of my favorites HERE


NOAH HOGAN - Our grandson put a packed house into the Christmas mood last night at Dover Intermediate School.  Click HERE for pictures and a short video clip.

2 comments:

  1. I've learned that whenever I do something with kindness I usually make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on the solution, not the problem. Follow your heart, not your ego. Trust God not people.

    ReplyDelete