Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

PHILIP YANCEY, GRAND PRIZE WINNER, FACEBOOK

CHECK UP - Philip Yancey underwent a physical checkup recently, to assess the damage done in more than half a century.  He also decided on a spiritual checkup, so he went on a retreat.  In order to keep his soul in shape he came up with a spiritual plan for the next 50 years.  Here are some action steps he shared with Christianity Today Magazine:

Come to God with your own troubles, as well as the worlds....in other words, strike a better balance between my own needs and the worlds.

Question my doubts as much as my faith. 

Do not attempt the rest of my journey alone. 

Try to awake every morning and fall asleep every night with a sense of gratitude.

For my own sake, simplify.  Eliminate whatever distracts me from God.

Find something that allows me to find God's pleasure.  I must identify this in my life.

Always err, as God does, on the side of mercy, freedom and compassion.

Don't be ashamed of the gospel of Christ.

Remember those Christians who peeve you so much - God chose them too.

Forgive daily, those who caused the wounds that keep you from wholeness.

GRAND PRIZE WINNER - There always seemed to be a contest working when I taught junior high kids a while back. Today I was going through old papers and found this 2006 document announcing one of the grand prize winners.  Click HERE.  

FACEBOOK was launched on my birthday 9 years ago.  (February 4, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment