Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

THANKFUL FOR THE FLEAS, THANKSGIVING, DAN RATHER, TURKEY DAY, MORE TO COME

THANKFUL FOR THE FLEAS - "Only at the end did they discover why the guards had left them alone and would not enter into their barracks.  And it was all because of the fleas."   Click HERE

THANKSGIVING is a good time to reflect on blessings and today I am full.  Full of thankfulness for family, provision, friends, good health....full of gratitude that a personal God has made Himself real to me.  And even though I'm really feeling full right now, I'm going downstairs to eat an incredible Thanksgiving dinner. :)

Today I was reading Chuck Swindoll's book about the importance silence and solitude, as a form of worship.  Being still for any reason is not my favorite thing to do.  But I did like this story in Chuck's book:

DAN RATHER, former CBS anchor found himself unprepared for a television interview with Mother Teresa years ago.  Somehow, all of Dan's standard journalistic formulas weren't working, and the little nun from Calcutta, sitting beside him so sweetly, didn't seem to make his task easier.

"When you pray," asked Rather, "what do you say to God?"
"I don't say anything," she replied.  "I listen."
Rather tried another tack.  "Well, okay...when God speaks to you, then, what does He say?"
"He doesn't say anything.  He listens."
Rather looked bewildered.  For an instant, he didn't know what to say.
"And if you don't understand that," Mother Teresa added, "I can't explain it to you."

TURKEY DAY - Couple of Thanksgiving pics.  Click HERE and Click HERE.
 
More post later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment