Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

CELEBRATION, RAVI, BEFORE I DIE, WASTE MY DAYS, CHRISTMAS, TIPS FOR BETTER PICS

Sorrow turned to celebration yesterday as we remembered the life of Joe Johnston, former coach and teacher at Spring Grove.  Couple of take-aways....

Reference was made to the importance of "The Dash" which has been viewed over 30 million times on YouTube.  Click HERE.

As a tribute to how Joe lived his life, we heard what was written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta: Click HERE

One of the things we enjoy at the Annual Chicken Barbecue at Cross Keys Village is their huge book sale.  This year my one dollar real paper book purchase was "Beyond Opinion" by Ravi Zacharias.  Ravi says "Everyone has to answer these questions, which are the fulcrum points of our existence:

  1. Where did I come from?
  2. What is life's meaning?
  3. How do I define right from wrong?
  4. What happens to me when I die?
As a Christ follower, Ravi explores the answer to these questions, as well as another (difficult to hear) question raised by an atheist, "Why is faith not more evident in the lives of so many Christians that I know?"  

While at the Y today I viewed another TED TALK by Candy Chang.  She painted the side of an abandoned house in her neighborhood in New Orleans with chalkboard paint and stenciled it with a grid of the sentence “Before I die I want to _______.” Anyone walking by could pick up a piece of chalk, reflect on their lives, and share their personal aspirations in public space.  It went viral.  Click HERE

"The proper function of man is to live, not to just exist.  I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.  I shall use my time"  - Jack London

In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it “Christmas” and went to church; the Jews called it “Hanukah” and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Hanukah!” or (to the atheists) “Look out for the wall".                                        —Dave Barry

Interested in landscape photography tips?  Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment