Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

STORY OF A GAY SON, OBAMACARE, POWER OF A SPECIAL PAINTING,

Watched a Youtube video today while on the treadmill.  I appreciate Tony Campolo and have most of his books.  Not sure I'm with him on everything he says, but I do agree with the last statement he makes at the end of this 5 minute video.  (click HERE)

Sometimes humor is the most powerful way to put things in perspective, whether you are for or against Obamacare. Click HERE

Re-reading Henri Nouwen's book about "The Return of the Prodigal Son"  I am enjoying Nouwen's fascinating perspective on Rembrandt's painting.

P. 92 - Instead of its being called The Return of the Prodigal Son it could have easily been called the Parable of the Father's Love.  Everything comes together in this painting.  Rembrandt's story, humanity's story and God's story. Time and eternity intersect; approaching death and everlasting life touch each other.  Sin and forgiveness embrace; the human and divine become one.

To read this story from the Bible click HERE

1 comment:

  1. That was the book that really helped me when I needed it - love Henry Nouwen! Mom says hi - I think she's going to move to Michigan...sorry

    ReplyDelete