Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

COURSE HE ISN'T SAFE. BUT HE'S GOOD.


"Are you not thirsty?" said the Lion.

"I'm dying of thirst," said Jill.
"Then drink," said the Lion.
“I daren't come and drink," said Jill.
Then you will die of thirst," said the Lion.
Oh dear!" said Jill, coming another step nearer. 
"I suppose I must go and look for another stream then." 
There is no other stream," said the Lion.”  

In this allegory, part of Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia series, Aslan the Lion represents Jesus, the Lion of Judah.  Jesus says, "If you are thirsty, if you long for a purpose in life and a sense of belonging, come to me"  

Jesus went on to say "Apart from new life in Me nothing else has enduring value."


Lewis continues:

"Is - is he a man?" asked Lucy.
Aslan a man!" said Mr. Beaver sternly.
Certainly not....Don't you know who is the King of Beasts? 
Aslan is a lion - the Lion, the great Lion
Then he isn't safe?' said Lucy.
Safe?" said Mr. Beaver.  "Who said anything about safe?
Course he isn't safe. But he's good.  

He's the King, I tell you".

No comments:

Post a Comment