Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2021

CRAZY AWESOME MOMENTS

 


The short story from this book I'm reading resonated with me, since our oldest grandson (Josh) went parasailing in South America yesterday ....... 

“Nine years ago I visited Machu Picchu and went parasailing into the Inca Valley. Our only real orientation was an instruction to “run as fast as you can off the cliff and then lift your legs”.  When it was my turn and I was running toward the cliff, I had one thought in my head. "this is crazy!" But after leaping off the cliff and getting swept up in an updraft - that thought became “this is awesome!” Granted, I lost my lunch several times, so it was decidedly less awesome for my tandem partner behind me!  

Even so, the memory of that day reminds me that if we aren’t willing to put ourselves in crazy situations, we will never experience crazy, awesome moments.   

 Parasailing in South America (55 sec.)








 

No comments:

Post a Comment