Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

INFORMATION WITH A SOUL

We get to choose who we let into our world



"Do you have any idea how long this park has been here?"  This morning my friend Bob told me that he has been been asking a lot of questions like this to strangers lately; an intentional attempt to learn more about each person he meets. 

Yesterday he posed this question to a guy sitting on a bench in Riverfront Park near Marietta, PA.  The guy proceeded to share fascinating stories about things that have happened along the Susquehanna River, stories my friend would never have learned anywhere else.

This got me to thinking about a quote I saw today, "We get to choose who we let into our world"  The definition of "choose" is to make a deliberate decision.  I tried this recently when I stopped a hiker at Gifford Pinchot Park.  He shared some things about his story along with other information that turned out to be very helpful to me.

"The shortest distance between two people is a story".  Learning about another persons story is more than just gathering information. It is "information with a soul". 

No comments:

Post a Comment