Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2022

BAD TIMING


September 11, 2013 - Today while we were eating in the outdoor cafe (adjacent to Baltimore's Inner Harbor) one of the tall ships decided to shoot their cannon.

Without any warning. 

This seemed like a strange thing to do, since today was the anniversary of 911 and everyone was already on edge. Most people had no idea that the loud blast came from one of the ships and immediately thought it was a bomb. Not sure who decided to shoot the cannon - but at best, it may have been a case of "bad timing".

Throughout the day there were impressive fly overs. After taking this picture in Baltimore,  I realized the image was a chilling reminder of why we were there.



There was visible security everywhere, both in the sky and on the ground.


There are a lot of questions as to how 911 could have happened. I'm not sure anyone has an answer that makes sense, but I find comfort in this promise from God's word. 
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Other images we saw while in the harbor....




 

Our former pastor also remembered this day on one of his Graveyard Walks in 2010.



1 comment:

  1. First thing I thought of when I looked at the date this morning..we need to never forget!

    ReplyDelete