Pages

Monday, December 4, 2023

ETERNITY IS NOW IN SESSION

In July of 2019 Mom lived in our house for a few weeks. Many nights she couldn't sleep and was wide awake talking non-stop – she talked about camp meeting all night long, and was singing and talking to her parents.”


One of my favorite authors, John Ortberg wrote, "Eternity is Now in Session". Could it be that Mom is in a real thin place right now in her mind? Could it be that in a sense she is experiencing some dimension of eternal life, right now? Reliving camp meetings, singing, sharing with her parents…..sounds like she's experiencing "eternal life" right now to me. Re-reading this has stirred anticipation in me! Praise to our soon coming King!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these posts, friend. I recall the time period but the details of this journey had slipped my memory.
    The notion of the thin vail that separates us in the here and now from eternity is most intriquing!
    What a legacy your Mom left us all...

    ReplyDelete