Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Vision

This was shared on the Daily Audio Bible site today.....

“It wasn't a big deal,” says Pete Greig, “just a very personal thing - trying to work out the call on my life and why I was awake at 3am praying when others were tucked up in bed!”

But somehow the words of ‘The Vision’ (as it was originally named) escaped that room and spread virally across the globe.

“I didn't realize any of this until someone in Canada emailed my own poem to me saying they had come across it and thought I might like it”, continues Pete.

Before long ‘The Vision’ was being printed in magazines, remixed by DJs in New York and Sweden and even choreographed into dance in Spain!In 2001, The Vision was published in a magazine called 'The Way' which circulates a staggering 100,000 underground churches in China. The very same week the words were quoted by tens of thousands of young people at an event called 'The Call' in Washington DC.

Somehow the words scrawled on a prayer room wall had taken on a life of their own. The Vision had become a personal mission-statement for many - a generational call to a living, impacting faith in Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment