Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

BETTER THAN I DESERVE


Before paying for sneakers at a store in the York Galleria Mall, I asked the clerk how she was doing.  She said "AWESOME!" - which got me to thinking. 

When someone asks me how I'm doing, I usually say  something like, "Doing Well". Actually, I say that every time - no matter how I feel. Truth is, I'm not always doing well.

And I doubt the clerk was actually doing awesome. 

The dictionary defines awesome as "inspiring awe, like an awesome thunderstorm. Or expressing awe: like standing in awesome silence before the ancient ruins.

For what it's worth, the clerk didn't resemble a thunderstorm - or an ancient ruin.

"I'm fine, not bad, very well thank you, pretty good, I've been better" are other replies to the "How Ya' Doing" question.

But maybe the radio guy has it right. 

Question. "How are you doing, Dave Ramsey?" His response. "Better than I deserve."


No comments:

Post a Comment