Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

JONI IS A TREASURE


Recent response by Joni Eareckson Tada when asked if she realized that many people consider her a "National Treasure".... 

"I’m not seeing the forest for the trees, but I’m so focused on God’s calling on my life, which is to share his love with special needs families and to promote a biblical worldview on disability globally. I forget about all the other things that might be happening and the perceptions people might have. I’m honored, though, that my life might serve as a role model of encouragement to other brothers and sisters in Jesus. 
All too often, we in the church, we want to erase suffering out of the Christian’s dictionary. After 47 years of living as a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, perhaps people look at my smile and they can see that it is hard-won. Maybe that gives me credence when I speak from this wheelchair about the sufficiency of God and his word and his grace. If that makes me a national treasure, I’m absolutely honored."
In Chapter One of Francis Chan's book "Forgotten God" he says "Joni Eareckson Tada is the most spirit filled woman that I know. Joni is a person whose life, at every level, gives evidence of the Spirit's work in and through her."

No comments:

Post a Comment