Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

TWO PRAYERS


Two of my top five authors write just like they pray. Raw and Real. Love these guys.

Brennan Manning - "Dear Jesus,  I can't walk away from you.  My life has no meaning, direction or purpose if you are not at the center of my personal history.  Now that I've experienced the life and heart of you, nothing else in the world can ever again be as beautiful or desirable.  

You have made me, not a nicer person - but a new creation.  It is my desire to know you intimately, to know your heart and mind so others will see you living through me.  Help me to focus, not on what I see - but on the unseen.  Help me to realize you have things in store for me that my eyes and ears will never see or hear.  I love you Jesus."

Brian Hardin - "God, You are beautiful beyond description. I see that now. You saw me safely into this world and have pursued me every moment since. I've simply been unaware of how deep your longing is for me. I thought this was all about my longing for you. I'm sorry about that. And I'm thankful for this chance to restart something beautiful with you. 

Change me. I give you access to everything. I trust you with all of it. I give you permission to touch all of the broken places in me. I give you access to my secrets. I invite you to be with me in my suffering and doubt - as well as my joy. I want you to be a part of who I am behind the personality and posing. I want you to be the most important part of my identity. So I invite you into the truest parts of who I am. Nothing is off limits to you now. I believe Your heart is good toward me. I love you."


No comments:

Post a Comment