Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

SOON I WILL SEE THE LINES ON HIS FACE


C.S.LEWIS FROM "MERE CHRISTIANITY"
“We have longings that can never be fully satisfied in this world. Those longings are an indication of a fulfillment only available in the next world.

PHILIP YANCEY FROM "REACHING FOR THE INVISIBLE GOD"
"Climbing a mountain presents a constantly shifting point of view. At the beginning of the climb I face a sheer wall of granite - thousands of feet high. I'll never make it, I think. But as I get closer I see a thin path following seams in the rock and by taking that path, I hike comfortably up what had looked like an insurmountable cliff. As the cliff zigs and zags the view below changes as well.

At first I hike through aspen trees. Climbing higher, I notice that the aspens actually encircle an alpine lake, previously hidden - though not situated far from the beginning of the trail. Later I find that both forest and lake nestle in a lush valley dotted with lakes, meadows and other groves of trees. Later still I see that this valley fits into a cut on the side of the mountain and streams of water spilling from a lake tumble down several thousand feet to feed a river that runs through a canyon near my home twenty miles away.

Only when I reach the summit does the entire landscape fit together. Until then, any conclusions I might draw could prove mistaken".

DONALD MILLER FROM "JAZZ NOTES"
"In heaven I will reflect on my early days, the days when it seemed sometimes like God was down a road, walking toward me. Years ago, He was a swinging speck in the distance. Now He is close enough that I can hear His singing. Soon I will see the lines on His face."


No comments:

Post a Comment