Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

THE DAY I TURNED SIXTEEN

In 1963 I used my birthday money to buy a 10 year old Ford for $25.00, and one of the first places I drove was the Texaco station in a Hogestown, PA.

The price of gas was about $.30 a gallon back then, which seems pretty cheap. But it's 2015, and I just paid $.19 a gallon at Giant in Dover, PA. 



Lately my wife has been bringing gas prices down by using manufacturers and store coupons. She seems to thrive on this savings challenge each week, and thanks to gas points she just earned, I was able to fill the tank for $3.28, just like the good old days of the 60's. Everyone remembers the 1960's right?

The President was Dwight Eisenhower and the Vice President was Richard M. Nixon. And average prices?

Price of a new home: $16,500.00
Price of a first-class stamp: $0.04
Price of regular gas: $.31 a gallon
Price of a dozen eggs: $.57
Price of a gallon of Milk: $.49


And if I would have kept my 1953 Ford? Here's the asking price for a similar car (from the internet) today.



No comments:

Post a Comment