Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

THE VULTURES AT GETTYSBURG

Took this picture during a 2013 visit with my friend Jeff,
(I added the vulture image)

During a breakfast meeting on Friday morning, my friend Steve shared something I've never heard before about the Gettysburg battlefield.



"Every year, just in time for the anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg, thousands of vultures arrive, just as they came over one hundred years ago, to feast on the horse carcasses. Today, the vultures serve as a ghostly reminder of the land's history." 

Could it be that the birds roosting there now are doing so because of inherited roosting or migratory habits? I found this fascinating video that seems to confirm this yearly occurrence. Click HERE to view.

   GOOD MEMORIES    

Enjoyed time spent with my friend that day in 2013. Here Jeff was asking "what's with the vultures"?, but I'm not sure if he got an answer.








No comments:

Post a Comment