Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

LOTS OF CREATIVITY IN PLAY ONE YEAR AGO TODAY

  CREATIVE SERMON    

Our pastor kicked off an interesting sermon series this morning.


He titled the upcoming series "Think Orange" and his sermon introduction reminded me of my visit to Gifford Pinchot Park last April (2014). There was a large granite rock next to the lake where (I guess) a fisherman left an orange. It looked so out of place I took this picture. 

Anyway, we are looking forward to these future sermons as they are "peeled" apart.


  CREATIVE PAINTING   C\

Today we hung a framed print by Maya Schock in my office. My wife got me this gift for my birthday.


"The Journey Within: by Maya Schock (Prints of Oil on Canvas)

I was a student of Maya in the 1970's and have never forgotten her inspiring talent and creative spirit. She was born in Osaka, Japan and moved with her husband to America where she studied at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. She taught at the York Academy of Arts, and her works can be seen in collections at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and State Museum.

In 1972, she founded the Doshi gallery, whose mission is to exhibit contemporary art by regional artists and to encourage emerging artists. Maya is not forgotten.

   CREATIVE IDEAS    

To see some really creative T-Shirt designs Click HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment