Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

LIFE'S NOT FAIR

Roosevelt Avenue and Route 30 in York, PA 

"But, I was following a huge tractor trailer"

The traffic light was hidden from my view as I traveled through the intersection of Roosevelt Avenue and Route 30 in York, PA. When I finally saw it, the light was solid red but it was too late to stop. No problem though, the other cars hadn't moved and I made it through safely. Could have happened to anyone, right? 

The cop car came out of nowhere. And even after my lengthy defense, I got a ticket. That was bad; but since then, every time I get near that light someone goes right through red; not by accident, but intentionally. And more than once, while sitting in my truck waiting for the light to turn green I've thought, "Life's Not Fair". 

Joni Eareckson Tada is one of our favorite people and she often helps to put things in perspective. I just watched a video that Joni produced about her friend Vicky Olivas. Over 30 years ago, Vicky was searching for an address given her by by an employment agency. The search took her to an alley, where during an attempted rape she was shot in the neck. This terrifying event left her permanently paralyzed. Vicky's assailant got three years in jail, while Vickie got the rest of her life in a wheelchair. 

After learning about Vicky, my ticket didn't seem all that important.

No comments:

Post a Comment