Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

NO EBOLA IN BARROW

Dover football. It's the third quarter and the score is not even close. So we start to discuss current events. 



"Don't know, but I might move to another planet, or maybe the tundra", was the response I got after asking Noah Hogan what he thinks we should do about Ebola. He did make a point. There has been 24/7 reporting on this issue, and I haven't heard about any concern in Alaska.  
My advice to Noah?  "I think Barrow, Alaska would be a good choice, since I’m sure it would be safe. The Arctic Ocean is on three sides, and flat tundra stretches some 200 miles to the south. The sun sets and remains below the horizon for about 65 days, which creates a polar night until the sun rises again in January. The lowest temperature is −56 °F, with winds up to 60 miles per hour." 
"If I was a virus, I would stay away from Barrow."  
Anyway, it was fun spending time with Josh and Noah Hogan at the football game.  They are both great kids, and who knows?  They may actually find that another planet is a better choice and knowing them, they will find a way to get there. 
Josh Hogan
Noah Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment