Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

WAR ZONE NEARBY DOVER PA

Taking pictures of the quiet battle along the Beaver Creek Trail...


Years ago I had a graphic on my old computer screen that read "Be Kinder Than Necessary Today Because Everyone You Meet Will Be Fighting Some Kind Of Battle".   I have no idea why this quote popped into my brain while on the trail today, but it got me to wondering about the "quiet battle" between trees and insects.  It didn't make me want to hug a tree, but I did take some pictures of the war zone.  Only had time to print a couple, but I'll try to post more later today.  (Click on pics to enlarge)


Tent caterpillars can strip trees of foliage in a few weeks.
Cicadas need trees but can kill them if the tree is weak.



(to view previous posts on this blog please click HOME above)

No comments:

Post a Comment