Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

QUESTIONS TO ASK OURSELVES

Having just attended our ASH Wednesday service, these questions from Rachael Held Evans beg for answers:

When I wake up on Resurrection Sunday morning, how will I be different?  What am I preparing for?

Is there a habit or sin in my life that repeatedly gets in the way of loving God with my whole heart or loving my neighbor as myself?  How do I address that issue over the next 40 days?

What are some things in my life that I tell myself I need but I don't?  Can I give one or two of them up for 40 days?

Is there a spiritual discipline - praying the hours, stations of the cross, etc. that I've always wanted to try?  How might I alter my daily routine to include one of these disciplines?  And how can I engage all my senses - sight, sound, taste, smell, touch - as I practice them?

How do I want Lent 2014 to affect not only the next 40 days but also the next 40 years?


Rachael's blog can be viewed HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment