Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

JOHN ADAMS, ENTANGLING ROOTS, RAT POISON, MECHANICAL BULLS, THE CHURCH, TROUBLE TREE

Although I don't have as many books as John Adams (he had 3,200 in his library), I do have quite a few.  So I've decided to post a daily recap summarizing things learned from my friends (my books), starting with John Adams. Click HERE.
"The Bible is our light to show us the way ahead so we won't stumble as we walk.  It reveals the entangling roots of false values and philosophies".  (Taken from YouVersion Devotional - Psalm 119).

Click HERE for a powerful quote by Anne Lamott about forgiveness. 

So many examples of government waste, even during a shutdown. Click HERE  Interesting take by James Emery White on what would happen if the church shut down. Click HERE

William Temple describes the church as: "The only cooperative society in the world that exists for the benefit of its non-members."

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance".  This was sent to me from a friend named Bob this morning.  Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment